Expanding its great catalog of precision-engineered 2-channel offerings, Pioneer Home Entertainment USA today announced its new SX-S30 Slim 2-Channel Network Receiver. Offering a wealth of connectivity options, the SX-S30 packs high-res sound and functionality into a slim, compact receiver that fits almost anywhere.
Ideal for those with limited space or who are unable to alter their interior spaces, the ELITE SX-S30 outputs 85W/ch (4 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1.0 %, 1ch Driven) and features powerful Class D amplification for rich audio. The unit supports a variety of formats including MP3, AAC, AIFF, Apple Lossless, FLAC, and WAV to a maximum 192 kHz/24-bit and 2.8 MHz/5.6 MHz DSD hi-res Audio*1 files.
- Bluetooth®, AirPlay® and dual-band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi®, and the SX-S30 can be configured to wake and commence playback on Bluetooth® standby mode;
- Whole home audio and casting made possible through several options, including Chromecast built-in™*2, DTS Play-Fi® technology3 and FireConnect™*3;
- Supports all the popular internet subscription options including Spotify® Connect application*4 which allows the use of other apps without interrupting music playback, as well as TIDAL*10, Deezer and Pandora®;
- The ELITE SX-S30 also includes a host of legacy connections like analog RCA and coaxial/optical digital inputs, along with a phono input with MM equalizer to facilitate turntable connection, and a USB input that supports playback of a variety of music formats, including hi-res audio that are stored on USB memory devices*5.
Transformative TV Sound
- There are four 4K/60p Ultra HD -ready HDMI® inputs capable of playing High Dynamic Range*5 and BT.2020*7-encoded video, and routes signals to a compatible TV via a single HDMI cable.
- The HDMI output features Audio Return Channel with CEC/CEC Multilink. Your home entertainment system can be configured to switch on amplify any TV content with fewer button-presses.
Great FM Radio Listening
- The ELITE SX-S30 has an integrated FM tuner (antenna included) with 40 memory pre-sets. The RDS function displays song and program information.
Tailored Plug & Play Sound with MCACC*8
- Pioneer’s proprietary MCACC technology measures the acoustic characteristics of the environment and how sound interacts with it. The system compensates for phase, reverb, speaker size and distance, and speaker output, and includes 4-Band EQ for subwoofer with Phase Control technology. MCACC then ensures that sounds of all frequencies arrive simultaneously so the listener is presented with a clear and accurate audio image.
- Pioneer Remote App*9 facilitates streaming of any audio stored on smartphones, PCs, and media servers. With Spotify Connect and TuneIn built into the GUI, access to almost any music or internet radio programming is easy through the app, or navigate content through the TV display*5.
The Pioneer ELITE SX-S30 2-Channel Network Receiver is now available for an SRP of $500 (USD) and $729 (CAD).
ABOUT PIONEER HOME ENTERTAINMENT U.S.A.
Headquartered in Long Beach, CA, Pioneer Home Entertainment U.S.A. is a leader in home entertainment products under the Pioneer and Elite brands. With an established reputation for innovation and quality, the company’s products are embraced by high-end custom installers and general music lovers alike. Pioneer & Onkyo U.S.A. Corporation, DBA: Pioneer Home Entertainment U.S.A. is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio and visual equipment for the home.
More information can be found online at http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home, or follow them on Twitter at https://twitter.com/PioneerHomeUSA, Facebook and YouTube.
*1 Product supports ALAC, FLAC, and WAV formats to 192 kHz/24-bit via Network and USB, and DSD to 5.6 MHz (2-Channel) via SACD, USB, and Network.
*2 Chromecast built-in enabled via firmware updated scheduled for spring.
*3 Feature enabled via firmware update. Details TBA.
*4 Spotify® Connect application is available for separate download. Please check regional availability and device compatibility at www.spotify.com . Subscription and charges may apply with use of this feature.
*5 Pioneer cannot guarantee correct operation with all brands and USB memory device types. Please consult user manual for supported audio formats.
*6 High Dynamic Range (HDR) is a technology that expands the maximum brightness of video. HDR technology is used in the next-generation Blu-ray standard to expand the maximum brightness from 100 nit to 10,000 nit.
*7 BT.2020 is a video format standard that covers a color space more than twice that of the BT.709 standard currently used in Blu-ray Disc™ and other formats.
*8 MCACC is a proprietary acoustic compensation technology from Pioneer that can perform sound field adjustment at the same level as monitoring techniques employed in sound studios.
*9 Pioneer Remote App for iOS and Android™ devices. Available for free download via App Store and Google Play respectively. Pioneer Remote App for iOS requires iPod touch 5th generation or later and iPhone 4GS or later running iOS 8.0 or later. Pioneer Remote App for Android requires Android 4.0.3 or later.
*10 Some services may require a subscription.
“PIONEER”, “ELITE”, “MCACC” and “Phase Control” are trademarks of Pioneer Corporation, and are used under license.
The terms HDMI and HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
AirPlay works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iOS 4.3.3 or later, Mac with OS X®, Mountain Lion, and Mac and PC with iTunes®, 10.2.2 or later. AirPlay, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Mac are trademarks of Apple® Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
”x.v.Color” is a trademark of Sony Corporation.
Pandora, the Pandora logo, and the Pandora trade dress are trademarks or registered trademarks of Pandora Media, Inc. used with permission.
Spotify and the Spotify logo are trademarks of the Spotify Group, registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google and Chromecast built-in are trademarks of Google Inc.
All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
© 2016 Pioneer Home Entertainment U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Note: Specifications and design subject to change without notice.