Supplying surround sound in a slim design is Pioneer Home Entertainment U.S.A.’s new Elite® FS-EB70 Network Sound Bar System, launching today for a $1,000 MAP (US) and $1,499 MAP (CAD), and on display in The Venetian Meeting Rooms Level Two, Bassano Room #2601.
The ultra-slim sound bar provides a 3.1.2 channel immersive audio experience without having to place speakers above or behind you thanks to Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ integration, along with custom top-mounted drivers that bounce sound off the ceiling. Adding power to the experience are six-channel Class D amps with a dedicated power supply that power wide-dispersal speakers with angled height-channel speakers enclosed at each end of the sound bar. A powerful yet compact wireless subwoofer delivers deep in-movie Low Frequency Effects (LFE) for tremendous depth. Details include:
- Upward firing speakers conform to the Dolby Atmos standard for overhead sound reproduction of object and channel based content. In-ceiling speakers or additional modules are not required.
- A Dolby Surround upmixer, which decodes and directs sounds to all of the speakers in the sound bar including up-firing capabilities to provide a higher sense of immersion from all channel based content.
- Dolby Audio™ includes new Surround Enhancer technology, a mode that wraps sound around the listening position by means of virtual rear speaker creation.
- DTS Neural:X™ mixes standard 5.1 sound for convincing replication of object-audio soundtracks by retrieving spatial cues from the soundtrack.
- Dialog is mixed as a separate element in DTS:X™ so dialog volume can be raised or lowered independently to other sound elements.
Multi-Room & Streaming
- Multi-room wireless audio functionality and streaming capabilities include FireConnect™*1, DTS Play-Fi® technology*2, Chromecast built-in*2, AirPlay® as well as Bluetooth® wireless connectivity*3 and dual-band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi®.
- Supports all leading subscription services Spotify®*4, Pandora®, TIDAL, DEEZER, and TuneIn.
- Premium MCACC*5 technology calibrates phase, reverb, frequency, and output for optimal sound at the listening position by ensuring that directional sounds of all frequencies arrive simultaneously so the listener is presented with a studio-faithful object audio image. The built-in Reflex Optimizer precisely aligns the height-channel phase.
- Four 4K/60p Ultra HD-ready HDMI® inputs connect various media players including those capable of High Dynamic Range*6 and BT.2020*7 video, and routes signals to a compatible TV via a single HDMI cable.
- HDMI output features Audio Return Channel (ARC) with CEC/CEC Multilink. Your home entertainment system can be configured to switch on and off automatically with the TV.
- Format compatibility includes Hi-Res Audio and 2.8 MHz/5.6 MHz DSD network audio*8.
- Analog RCA or optical digital inputs are perfect for legacy gear and a USB input supports audio playback of a variety of music formats, including hi-res audio stored on USB memory devices*9.
Those attending CES 2017 can experience Pioneer Home Entertainment’s latest home theater offerings at the Venetian Bassano Room #2601 or visit them online at pioneerhomeusa.com/ces2017
ABOUT PIONEER HOME ENTERTAINMENT U.S.A.
Headquartered in Long Beach, CA, Pioneer Home Entertainment U.S.A. is a leader in home entertainment products under the Pioneer and Elite brands. With an established reputation for innovation and quality, the company’s products are embraced by high-end custom installers and general music lovers alike. Pioneer & Onkyo U.S.A. Corporation, DBA: Pioneer Home Entertainment U.S.A. is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio and visual equipment for the home.
More information can be found online at www.pioneerelectronics/home.com, or follow them on Twitter at https://twitter.com/PioneerHomeUSA, Facebook and YouTube.
*1 Multi-room audio is realized by FireConnect™ technology. Requires optional FireConnect™-compatible speakers. FireConnect™ is a technology of Blackfire Research Corp., USA.
*2 Feature enabled following a firmware update.
*3 Bluetooth Ver.4.1, A2DP, AVRCP-compliant, supports AAC codec. Pioneer cannot guarantee connection with all Bluetooth®-capable devices.
*4 Application is available for separate download. For Spotify®, please check regional availability and device compatibility at www.spotify.com. Subscription and charges may apply with use of Spotify®. Please see release notes for minimum performance requires for devices and operating systems.
*5 MCACC is a proprietary acoustic compensation technology from Pioneer that can perform sound field adjustment at the same level as monitoring techniques employed in sound studios.
*6 High Dynamic Range (HDR) is a technology that expands the maximum brightness of video. HDR10 is a technology version is used in next-generation Blu-ray Disc™ standard to expand the maximum brightness from 100 nit to 10,000 nit.
*7 BT.2020 is a video format standard that covers a color space more than twice that of the BT.709 standard currently used in Blu-ray Disc™ and other formats.
*8 Product supports ALAC and WAV formats to 96 kHz/24-bit via Network, 192 kHz/24-bit ALAC and WAV via USB, and DSD to 2.8 MHz/5.6 MHz (Multichannel/Stereo) via SACD, USB, and Network.
*9 Pioneer cannot guarantee correct operation with all brands and USB memory device-types. Please consult user manual for supported audio formats.
“PIONEER”, the Pioneer logo, “ELITE”, “MCACC”, and “Phase Control” are trademarks of Pioneer Corporation, and are used under license.
The terms HDMI and HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby, Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
For DTS patents, see http://patents.dts.com. Manufactured under license from DTS, Inc. DTS, the Symbol, DTS in combination with the Symbol, the DTS Play-Fi, DTS:X, DTS Neural:X, and DTS-HD logos, and DTS-HD Master Audio are registered trademarks or trademarks of DTS, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. © DTS, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
The Bluetooth® word mark is a registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
Spotify is a trademark of the Spotify Group, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
AirPlay works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iOS 4.3.3 or later, Mac with OS X®, Mountain Lion, and Mac and PC with iTunes® 10.2.2 or later. AirPlay, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac are trademarks of Apple® Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
FireConnect is a technology of Blackfire Research Corp., USA. Pioneer does not guarantee this product will support all devices incorporating FireConnect™.
All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective holders.